||Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care and aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington, Mount Eliza and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Service, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder to join a passionate and friendly service with a focus on quality improvement and high performance. We offer flexible and family friendly working conditions and the potential to work from home.
Peninsula Health provides integrated patient-centred healthcare to the residents of South Eastern/Bayside suburbs and the entire Mornington Peninsula.
• Ensure timely and accurate coding of health service inpatient episodes using ICD-10-AM 9th edition
• Participate in an ongoing coding auditing program with a focus on coding quality and optimising health service revenue
• Participate in clinician education on casemix funding, coding and documentation standards
• Provide assistance in other duties to cover annual and sick leave
• Participate in ongoing staff development activities
• Excellent knowledge of Clinical Coding principals and standards
• Recent Clinical Coding knowledge and experience using ICD10AM (9th Edition) is essential
• Understanding of the Victorian Casemix Funding Model
• Understanding of DHHS data reporting requirements ie VAED
• Understanding of DHHS Hospital Admission Policy
• Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
• Excellent Organisation & Planning Skills
• Excellent Verbal Communication
• Good Problem Solving Skills
• Advanced Computer Skills
• Ability to work as a team
• Demonstrated resilience
• Self Discipline
Salary is in accordance with the Health Professional Services Award and will be dependent on experience. Salary packaging is offered to all staff.
How to apply
For further enquiries please contact Peter Jackson, Clinical Coding and Casemix Operations Manager (03) 9784 7079
The successful candidates must meet the position requirements and will be subject to a Police Record check.
To apply, please click on the APPLY NOW button to forward you current resume and covering letter for consideration
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must meet the immunisation requirements of their role prior to commencement.
• Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.