||Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care and aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington, Mount Eliza and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Service, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
A rewarding leadership role where you can make your mark!
Peninsula Health proudly cares for the residents and visitors on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.
Now is an exciting time to join our dynamic health service, with our organisation undergoing growth and expansion of services and facilities. There has also been recent substantial investment in academic research capability and creation of significant alliance with Monash University. Peninsula Health is in an excellent position to lead clinical health care delivery and research in the region.
Peninsula Health is a leader in providing quality Sub-Acute Services such as Geriatric Medicine, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Acute as well as Acute Medical, Surgical and Emergency Services. These programs are complimented also by Mental Health, Community Health and Dental programs across our campuses at Frankston, Mornington, Hastings and Rosebud.
Person-centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Service, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
Clinical Director Sub Acute Services and
Head of Unit (Geriatric Medicine)
• Exciting Career Opportunity
• Senior Leadership Role
• Tertiary Teaching Hospital
• Committed To Research and Innovation
Peninsula Health Sub-Acute Services currently provide Geriatric Medicine, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care services to the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula community. The specialty of Chronic Pain Services will soon come under sub-acute services.
Peninsula Health seeks a dynamic, compassionate, inspiring leader who will oversee the delivery of exceptional care to our patients into the future.
This new joint role of Clinical Director of Sub-Acute Services and Head of Unit (Geriatric Medicine) is an integral position within our organisation, responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Aged Care and Chronic Pain Services across Peninsula Health and shape the vision for the future of Sub-Acute Services. A key focus of the role will be to establish a research program within Sub-Acute Services, enhancing research support and systems in conjunction with the Professorial Academic Unit at Peninsula Health.
The Clinical Director will also lead clinical service delivery and staff development to ensure delivery of safe, evidenced-based, person-centred care to a defined group of patients and clients.
The successful candidate will be an effective influencer, with the ability to develop and expand clinical services, teaching, quality improvement and research, and in the capacity of Head of Unit (Geriatric Medicine), will have a clinical caseload and provide day to day management of the Unit to ensure the service provision, staff, and resources are managed efficiently and effectively to achieve Peninsula Health goals.
This is a full time opportunity offering a fantastic balance of Clinical, Leadership and Research activities.
Apply now and enjoy the benefits of our supportive culture, leadership development and commitment to service excellence!
How to apply
To apply, please click on the APPLY NOW button to forward you current resume and covering letter for consideration
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must meet the immunisation requirements of their role prior to commencement.
• Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.